Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Freshness of a New Year

Christmas came and went very fast this year.  
Maybe it was how busy we were leading up to Christmas and how busy Philip was throughout the holiday weekend.
We celebrated Jesus' birthday by opening gifts with family FIVE different times.  
It started Friday and ended Monday.
The kids were overjoyed. :)
Needless to say, I had a mild anxiety attack over all of the extra toys in the house and went on a get-rid-of/simplify mission the day after Christmas. :)
And I have been on this mission ever since...


But there is something fun about starting a new year, isn't it?
It's exciting and bittersweet at the same time.
Exciting as we move on to new adventures, new dreams we have for our family.
However it's time that will never happen again.  The kids will keep on growing, changing.
Our life will keep changing.


2011 was filled with lots of different changes, surprises and God's faithfulness.  Tangible, real life examples of His faithfulness.  New job, new home, new friends, new vision, new dreams.
This new year I would love to take more pictures, go on more dates with my husband, have more one-on one dates with my kids, take more field trips, organize a few closets, and {maybe} drink a little less coffee. 

1 comment:

  1. oh I LOVE the new year too!! and I hear you about the after-Christmas mess. It was packed away the very next day.
    What a CUTE photo of your sweet littles. I love it!
    I'm with you on maybe drinking less coffee in the new year - I just enjoy it so much! The caffeine- induced extra crabbiness not so much.

    ReplyDelete